The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 135 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#20535 - 08/15/05 09:49 PM Important! Please Read
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona

#20536 - 08/15/05 10:47 PM Re: Important! Please Read
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Don't let chatty see this.

#20537 - 08/16/05 12:43 AM Re: Important! Please Read
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Okay, I'll block it from her. LOL!

#20538 - 08/16/05 12:51 AM Re: Important! Please Read
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hormone replacement therapy isn't even good for you.

#20539 - 08/16/05 06:19 AM Re: Important! Please Read
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Hi y'all,

I have been on bio-identical HRT for many months now since my Hashimoto's kicked me into menopause at forty.

I was nervous about it honestly. I read everything I could find on the subject before and even after starting it.

The long and short of it is that I am better now than I think I've been in a long, long time. I love my natural HRT and wouldn't give it up for the world. I'd never consider taking the old-fashioned HRT...ever, ever, ever. It's poison, in my opinion.

Just my two cents!

#20540 - 08/17/05 01:23 AM Re: Important! Please Read
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Sher,

Would you mind sharing more about your bio-identical HRT? I'm very interested because I tried going "cold turkey" last January, following a hysterectomy (endometrial cancer) and believe me, the WORLD wanted me to have something, so I've been on estrogen since then, but would really, really like to get to something herbal/natural.

#20541 - 08/17/05 06:55 AM Re: Important! Please Read
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Well, I had heard about bio-identical HRT first when I saw Suzanne Sumers on a talk show, but I didn't think too much about it. I know she was adamant that it was the best thing that had ever happned to her.

After I found out I wasn't producing very much estrogen any longer, my doc suggested I try it. I was not doing well emotionally and hadn't been for some time. In fact, I was a mess. Add to that my OCD, which always gets worse with hormonal fluctuations and I was seriously having some bad days. I was ready to try anything, but I truly didn't expect anything.

It was bumpy for about six weeks because as it is something a pharmacist compounds just for you, it takes some serious charting of your symptoms and some changing your dosage before you hit what is right for your body. That part was hard and I almost quit.

I'm so glad I didn't! Once I started to feel better, I finally could see just how bad I'd been ... if that makes any sense. I truly, truly feel like it's a blessing in my life and so does my family.

I do know that you cannot yet get it in every state as my Mother says she can't get it in Oklahoma. I'd suggest visiting with your doc about it and maybe getting the Somers book, "The Sexy Years". I found this article that might help a little as well: http://www.womentowomen.com/LIBbioidenticalhormones.asp

I hope that helps. If you have more questions, I'm happy to share my experiences with you!

#20542 - 08/17/05 09:56 AM Re: Important! Please Read
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne and Dotsie, too late! Been fighting against and marching against the use of premarin for nearly 5 years now. The torture to these gentle, kind and beautiful Mares is horrendous. If taking premarin was the only way to save my life then I would be dead and thats the Gods honest truth. Now they are trying to call it premrin, maybe none of us stupid women will catch on, Dah!!!! Marked by, collected by and invented by males and it isn't even any good for us in the long run... [Mad]

#20543 - 08/17/05 06:11 PM Re: Important! Please Read
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Thanks y'all,

I already made an appointment with my gyn, who wasn't the least bit surprised by my request. Said their office is being inundated with requests for bio and herbal, and they think that is just fine. They're happy to work with me to switch over, which is a good thing, because now that I have a few more facts, it was switch the meds or switch doctors!!!

#20544 - 08/19/05 10:06 AM Re: Important! Please Read
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I started reading the article and it made me sick...i could not finish it...but, also do not take hormone replacement of any kind now. I deal with the hot flashes and creepy crawly under-the-flesh feeling without taking anything now..I did for years but have weened myself off. The hot flashes I can deal with...I just stuff my head in the freezer while standing in a pan of ice cold water while sucking on an ice cube. That normally does the trick.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved