The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#215669 - 12/05/11 02:44 PM Women, Heart Attacks and Jogging for Heart Health
Charlotte Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Many people seem to think that heart attacks are more of a problem for men. However, this is far from the truth.

It is a fact that women have built in protection when they are younger, but as we age we start to lose it. What is worse, when a woman does have a heart attack it generally a more serious issue than it is for men.

For this reason we need to keep our hearts in good condition. Don't get too overweight and find a good exercise program and stick with it. Jogging is known for its heart benefits and that is what I have done for years.

I am now in my 60s and still jog almost daily. You do need to start off slow if you are out of condition or have never done it before.

#215672 - 12/05/11 06:50 PM Re: Women, Heart Attacks and Jogging for Heart Health [Re: Charlotte]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Good topic to bring up as we get towards New Years Resolution time, Charlotte.

Here's an article from SportsMD.com that provides information from a doctor's point of view. It says jogging is good, as is walking, but seems to indicate we'll get even more benefit from a sport like tennis, swimming, etc.

I suppose we just need to get moving, no matter how we do it. LOL!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215859 - 12/19/11 10:26 PM Re: Women, Heart Attacks and Jogging for Heart Health [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You're so right Anne. Walking at any speed is helpful as many women areen't equipped to jog.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#215901 - 12/24/11 01:57 AM Jogging Your Way To Good Health
Charlotte Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Jogging is a great exercise for getting in top condition. If you are out of shape you can start off slow, even with a fast walk, and work your way up to a jog and then a faster jog. By the time you get to where you can jog 45 minutes a day at a good pace you should have no more weight problems if you don't offset the calories you burn with a lot of fatty calories.

#215906 - 12/24/11 08:14 PM Re: Jogging Your Way To Good Health [Re: Charlotte]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
As you can see, Charlotte by my blogs' signature, I'm a cyclist. And have been doing it regularily for past 20 years. I returned to cycling when I was 32 yrs. old.

I gave up my car license in early 20's because I was not comfortable driving at high speeds on the highways.

So it's transit or walking for days not cycling

Alot of women in mid-life do return to cycling. This informal international group of women cyclists seems to have a regular bunch of women over...50. But there are women in their 20's.

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=7782&page=19 Cycling is easier on one's knees: less pressure as long as one is properly fitted on a bike and knows how to use gears.

Kudos for joggers if you can do it. I just want to go farther with less effort...on a bike. smile I don't think of cycling as "exercise" 1/2 of the time, because I shop, go to work, etc. It's interwoven into my lifestyle.

Edited by orchid (12/24/11 08:17 PM)

#215908 - 12/25/11 03:32 AM Re: Jogging Your Way To Good Health [Re: orchid]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I'm with you, Orchid,

I find cycling much easier on my body. And I enjoy it, while I can't say I have ever enjoyed jogging. (Walking I am fine with, too.)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215911 - 12/25/11 03:34 PM Re: Jogging Your Way To Good Health [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Orchid,
I think it's excellent that you bike. Great sport for both you and your significant other!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved