The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#15802 - 12/10/02 11:10 PM only 75 to go
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
it is the update on nillwafer's fat butt!! but not as fat as it used to be!! i started out needing to lose 120 pounds, then it was 90, now it is 75!!!! yahoo!

#15803 - 12/11/02 06:02 AM Re: only 75 to go
Uvagolfmom Offline

Loc: Towson
That is great. I have started the exercise at least, but fallen a bit on the diet. Do you have to talk yourself out of temptation and into working out sometimes? How do you do it?

#15804 - 12/11/02 05:10 PM Re: only 75 to go
nillawafer Offline

the temptation part is not a problem and i hate to say it but i do not work out at all. that issomething i a oing to start real soon. i swear.

#15805 - 12/11/02 05:51 PM Re: only 75 to go
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have found that exercising with a friend is great. There are days that I know I wouldn't walk or go to the Y, but because my friend and I go together it is also like a social outing. We catch up on each other's lives, laugh hysterically at some things we had just cried about the day before, AND we get to exercise at the same time.

As far as the eating part...if you have a friend that you can report to each day with the HONEST account of everything you put in your mouth the day before you will lose weight. Being accountable to someone works! Best wishes for all of us who are having to be more concerned about this weight thing!

#15806 - 12/12/02 12:39 AM Re: only 75 to go
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
I have a wonderful method-----it involves surgery and then you just CAN'T eat as much or the things you used to...I am down about 160 pounds from my weight lasy Christmas and am happy as a clam.......

#15807 - 05/12/03 09:34 PM Re: only 75 to go
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hey Nilla, how about an update?! I bet it will makeyou feel good to see how far you have come. Remember this post? [Big Grin]

#15808 - 05/13/03 12:49 AM Re: only 75 to go
nillawafer Offline

well yes i do. nilla's fat butt is from a size 22 to a 14 [Eek!] and i have about forty pounds to go!!! i will lose that and see how things look!! thanks for asking. i am a new me!!!! [Razz]

#15809 - 05/13/03 02:22 PM Re: only 75 to go
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
Congrats, Nilla! I have to say that I can't inagine you at a size 22, but then who would have ever thought I woiuld get up to almost 400 pounds? All these years have added some "dimension" to our personalities and apparently to our butts as well!!

My update is that I am down about 220 pounds and still have about 50 to go to be where I should be, but I am so pleased with the "new" now me that I would be happy if I never lost another ounce! I am in a cheap 1X or a good XL,and of clothing that is sized iffy...anywhere from an 18 to a 22 depending on the cut and cost of the item. All I know is that the Goodwill and Salvation Army stores are a Godsend, and I can actually go to Walmart and get a fast tshirt or jeans now without waiting for it to be delivered by Omar the Tentmaker (the postperson via catalogue because there was never anywhere I could go buy something outright). I don't buy anything expensive because it never fits me for long, and then I re-sell the stuff on eBay to fund the next size. If it weren't for the hanging, baggy skin all over, I would be ravishing, to me at least!!

#15810 - 05/13/03 03:52 PM Re: only 75 to go
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Congratulations, Micki! You have done what most of us can only dream about. I have lost as much as 35 lbs before..right after I had my hysterectomy and was diagnosed with diabetes..I went on a low carb diet and lost 35 lbs. but it gradually crept back on me. I wear a size 18 and feel like a fat sow, but I try to watch that I don't gain any more. Losing weight is very difficult for me. And to think I weighed 112 lb. when I was married! As a teenager, I could eat anything and everything without a pimple or a pound gained. Then I got pregnant, and my metabolism slowed to a crawl. Each pregnancy earned me a few more pounds, until I peaked at 195 lbs. after Teresa was born. I now weigh about 180-185....way too much! I would like to get back to 125-130 lbs. But I have the willpower of an alcoholic when it comes to chocolate and taffy.
I have found that chewing bubblegum can ease my sugar cravings somewhat without giving me a lot of sugar. There is only 5 grams of sugar in a piece of DubbleBubble gum, and I can chew it until the craving is appeased. When I was losing weight after my surgery, and a chocolate craving hit, I would superimpose an image of an insulin syringe over the candy bar wrapper. I don't like needles much, so it was enough to help me resist temptation back then.
Now, I try to drink a full glass of water and eat a big salad before eating the main course of any meals. It helps to fill me up with low carb substance, then I don't have room for high caloric foods.
Another trick I know works is to keep a food diary. If you have to account for every bite you put in your mouth, you will eat much less and certainly more healthily.
What tricks to the rest of you use for dieting? I'd love to hear them.

#15811 - 05/13/03 04:21 PM Re: only 75 to go
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Congrats to all of you who are working so hard to take pounds off.

Our family just found another good thing to eat for breakfast or a snack. We discovered Special K bars, either strawberry or blueberry. They are only 90 calories and are very sweet tasting. My husband and daughter(the diabetics in the family) compared carbs and sugars and they work for them! Check them out. I had one for breakfast yesterday and thought they were too sweet, but if you are eating them in place of a candy bar...it works! [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved