The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#15830 - 02/05/03 06:42 PM A long angry walk!
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
My car is in the shop. Of course it wasn't ready this morning like it was supposed to be....so my beloved was supposed to take me to work. Only...duh, he forgot. He left for work while I was getting the kids ready to go. My neighbors were gone, my co-workers unavailable...so I walked. A long, angry, uphill hike to work. Over six miles. So I guess, as I've been bitching about not having the time to get my walks in because of the puppy and work, God showed me a way to get some exercise! But boy did I have a thing or two to say to God about my husband!

#15831 - 02/05/03 11:43 PM Re: A long angry walk!
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
i am on my way to baltimore to steal your husbands car... see you soon.... [Wink]

#15832 - 02/08/03 05:09 AM Re: A long angry walk!
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I remember once locking my keys in the car at our local grocery store. I called my hubby and he said I'll be right there -- we lived about 5 blocks away.

About 30 min later I see him walking up -- carrying our 2 yr old and holding the hand of my 4 yr old -- the 4 yr old with 2 different shoes on his feet. I asked him what happened to the truck (his work truck parked in our driveway) -- he stared at me for a second and then broke into a hysterical embarrassed laugh and said "I forgot all about it". In his hurry to get to me in my time of trouble -- he hurried my baby -- in two 2 different shoes -- right past the truck and rushed down to "save me".

I don't know why your post reminded me of that -- it's been absolutely years since I thought about it -- [Smile]

so -- I guess my point is -- there has to be something that your husband has done that touched your heart so much -- that you can over look his "man"-ly imperfections -- and perhaps that's what God let you have a long walk to figure out ??? [Wink]

#15833 - 02/12/03 03:12 PM Re: A long angry walk!
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
What a dear, sweet story! I love the image of this man and the wee ones coming to your rescue.
And yes there are many things that he does that endear him to me.....just not lately.....male mid-life crisis is an interesting time!

#15834 - 02/13/03 02:10 AM Re: A long angry walk!
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
You know what -- that would make a WONDERFUL new topic [Smile]

We women go through all the physical changes -- hot flashes -- gray hair -- body parts defying gravity [Frown] -- so we forget that our men are going through changes too --

perhaps its feelings of having "failed" their families -- themselves -- not being where they thought they should be by this time in life

or perhaps its just relaxing -- becoming couch potatoes --

maybe senior moments aren't just for us ladies [Smile]

if we think of the fact that MENopause may be spelled that way for a reason -- perhaps we can ALL survive these years

All I know is that my best friend saw me through some good times and some bad times -- and if I can put up with poopie diapers and kitties following them home from the bus stop and girls calling at 1 am and bills and broken water heaters and find time to laugh THEN -- I can certainly look the other way when I don't think he's quite living up to his end of the bargain now [Wink]

#15835 - 02/13/03 03:17 PM Re: A long angry walk!
Teri Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I am laughing as I read these messages because they are typical of conversations I have everyday with my friends. The subject heading is "Diet and Exercise", yet the topic has changed to male menopause. This cracks me up! [Big Grin]

My husband would want to go back to the original topic of "Diet and Exercise" and we are way beyond and on to the next thing. haha.

I love it.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved