The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#15853 - 03/14/03 03:29 AM Food Suggestions
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I used to do the weight watchers points thing, but am finding that I can't stay within my points range any more because I am awake longer (freelancing and the nine to five) It's hard to stay within the points if you stay up until 1 a.m. and you finish your points at like 7 p.m. Any ideas on low-fat alternatives? While I am not picky, no veggie choices please because I hate raw vegetables.

#15854 - 03/14/03 04:01 AM Re: Food Suggestions
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
Okay Candice, how about Jiffy Pop light popcorn, one kernel at a time. It's not bad for you, it's good roughage and it satifies the desire to crunch.

#15855 - 03/14/03 02:44 PM Re: Food Suggestions
Candice Johnson Offline

One kernel at a time?! You mean I can't just pour the bag into my mouth?

#15856 - 03/14/03 03:14 PM Re: Food Suggestions
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
No, you can't do that! You might choke! [Big Grin]

I have to laugh! [Big Grin]

Here is a story that my sister-in-law told us:
She knew a child that choked on popcorn at the movies, didn't have a drink, and no one knew how to do the Heimlich (I know I butchered that word, sorry) maneuver back then...and the child died!

It's a true story! Make sure you have a drink when you pig out on popcorn!

Also, try a baggy of flavored rice cakes. There are some great ones out now. I love the barbeque flavored ones!

#15857 - 03/15/03 12:33 AM Re: Food Suggestions
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
I know you didn't want to here about veggies but good celery is a wonderful thing and makes a great vehicle instead of chips. As for the pop corn one at a time, I prefer the handful method myself.

#15858 - 03/18/03 03:08 PM Re: Food Suggestions
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
fat free jello or fat free frozen snacks

also this may sound gross but ithink it would be good. i do the opposite for atkins and i think the low fat version would work for weight watchers

take sugar free jello with fat free creamer and pour the creamer over the jello stir it around and it is a creamy snack.

with atkins i do sugar free jello and heavy whipping cream and pour it over the jello and stir it around..it sounds gross but i have gotten very used to it being a good snack.

#15859 - 03/18/03 06:09 PM Re: Food Suggestions
Candice Johnson Offline

Thanks all for the suggesstions. I am trying my best. The whipping cream stuff doesn't sound gross at all. I dip all kinds of things in the fat free cool whip. A good trick is to put cool whip between some low fat or fat free graham crakers and put one little piece of some kind of low-fat chocoalate in there. Freeze it and you have a little frozen s'more.

[ March 18, 2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Candice Johnson ]

#15860 - 03/26/03 01:35 AM Re: Food Suggestions
Sandy Offline

Loc: Colorado
How about a baked potato with salsa instead of butter? I also pour fat free or 1% milk on a baked potato to make it moist. It tastes good that way. I mean, come on, nothing it going to taste like a large pat of butter. and then there are pretzels. they are fat free too. and you can just munch along. I wish you good luck.

#15861 - 03/27/03 07:42 PM Re: Food Suggestions
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DJ, I never heard that about the skim milk. Wow...I have been giving my kids skim forever and the pediatrician knew it. He said it was fine. Better start pumping calcium in their bods.

Hmmm, with three kids we have had 4 broken arms and many sprains! Maybe that is why! [Confused]

#15862 - 03/27/03 07:51 PM Re: Food Suggestions
Candice Johnson Offline

Dots,

Safeway's Lucerne dairy products has calcium fortified Skim Milk so that you can get the calcium without buying the thicker milks.
Just an FYI.

[ March 27, 2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Candice Johnson ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved