It is with great sadness that I ask for your prayers for this lovely young woman. Kate just graduated from law school, her first job working with the chief justice, and engaged to a wonderful man just these past few months. Today, she was involved in a fatal accident. This will be so difficult for one of her law school professors to look over his podium and teach future classes. He is also her father, the same man that walked her to grade school and then watched his adult daughter walk through his classroom doors. How proud her parents are of her accomplishments. Her parents bought a home over 25 years ago within walking distance of the law school and his law firm. The same university all three of his children attended.

Today she was driving north to visit her fiance attending law school in another state. I'm so very sad b/c while we're carrying on with our lives, this young woman passed away from our lives alone. She was alone. The last person to talk with her was her fiance. He heard her last words, not her father.

This is perhaps the most altruistic family I've known. Please keep Kate's family in your prayers.