The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#208755 - 11/04/10 07:53 AM The angels came and took my mother.
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
So many of you have accompanied me on my caretaking path with my mother. That's why I need to share with you, and thank so many of you for being with me on this long journey.

My beloved mother closed her eyes for the last time this morning. May her soul rest in peace.
Now I know the meaning of grief stricken. At the same time, I am relieved that she has been spared severe demence and being bed ridden. I'm so ever gratefull for the precious and loving times we could spend together. Bye Mom,......you are and will always be living in my heart as long as I live.

#208756 - 11/04/10 09:45 AM Re: The angels came and took my mother. [Re: Edelweiss2]
Mountain Ash Offline

My dear....

#208757 - 11/04/10 10:36 AM Re: The angels came and took my mother. [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Oh Angelika, my heart feels like I've lost my second Mother. I'm so sorry, my heart wings its way to you today. Love and hugs dearest friend!

(Maya Angelou)

#208760 - 11/04/10 02:24 PM Re: The angels came and took my mother. [Re: Eagle Heart]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Edelweiss2,

In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing.

(Robert Ingersoll)

My blessings and prayers are with you dearest lady.
Mustang

#208767 - 11/04/10 09:10 PM Re: The angels came and took my mother. [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm sorry for you loss, Edelweiss.

#208778 - 11/05/10 04:06 AM Re: The angels came and took my mother. [Re: orchid]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I send you strength and love to get through the next few weeks, Edelweiss. I am so sorry for your loss. But I am sure your mother is now in a better place. And when the time is right, you will see her again.

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#208779 - 11/05/10 06:35 AM Re: The angels came and took my mother. [Re: Anne Holmes]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Thank you so much for your kind words. Orchid, I just read recently about your sister. I can't even imagine how devestating that must be for you.

A loss of a loved one, surely does tear at the heart. But I am surrounded by caring loving people, thank God, and I can count my dear online friends to them.

God bless,...it's hard, the cycle of life is truly a cycle. I don't like the word death. I wish it was instead; - beginning. A beginning of a new dimension and a better world.

#208807 - 11/06/10 11:18 PM Re: The angels came and took my mother. [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Edelweiss...I've been communicating with you on FB but I wanted to come here also and express my deepest heartfelt sympathy at the loss of your Mother. I know how much she means to you and you and I have shared so much over the past few years. You're like my sister...you're closer to me than any sister could ever be and I feel your heaviness and heartache and if only I could wish it away. Please know that you are loved so much and that I would do anything to take away this pain.
Life once again teaches us not to take anyone for granted for one moment. We never known what the future holds. You never took your Mother for granted and are the most incredible, loving, attentive daughter any Mother could hope for. Her goodness is you. Her laughter is in your heart. Her greatest pride is her daughter...you dearest friend. I wish there was more I could say but words seem so inadequate.

#208810 - 11/07/10 07:42 AM Re: The angels came and took my mother. [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Dee, when I think of my future, I think all I want to do is hold my sister in my arms; - you. That is my next goal in life, and I know it will come true.

#208812 - 11/07/10 10:55 AM Re: The angels came and took my mother. [Re: Edelweiss2]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I was very fortunate, my husband loved both my mother and my brother as if they were his own, and took such wonderful care of both of them through their respective illnesses. When Mom died, hubby felt as if he had lost his own mother all over again. And when my brother died, he was in tears for days afterward, and still misses both of them as much as I do.

Perhaps that has helped me to forgive him for the various stupid things he’s done over the course of our marriage. Just when I think he’s crossed my threshold, I feel my love for him sneaking out from behind my anger and resentment. He does love me, he just doesn’t always show it the way I need him to. I’ve had to change my perception of what love looks like.

Edelweiss, you're in so much pain right now. One thing I know for sure is that we should never make life-changing decisions from with the chaos and intense sadness of grief. I understand your heartache, but I would strongly urge you to allow yourself more time before making any hasty decision that cannot be undone later...get yourself further down the road and see where your heart and mind are then.

Sending you love, healing, peace and blessing - and hugs!!!

Edited by Eagle Heart (11/08/10 11:55 PM)
Edit Reason: more palatable for prying eyes

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved