The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 94 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#189259 - 09/02/09 05:26 PM A Heartwarming Story about my Brother
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
BWS has been my second home for so long, I don't even know where else to go when something like this wants to be shared. Well, there IS no place else to go. And it's too painful not to share.

I recently reconnected with a former co-worker of my brother Gary. She told me that even now, 2+ years after he died, they have not touched his workspace...nobody has ever had the heart to move anything, and because of downsizing, they haven't needed the space, so they haven't moved anyone into that office. Apparently, everytime anyone walks by his office, they salute it/him.

This so made me cry. I'm not the only one who still misses him, and clearly not the only one who thinks he died way too soon.

(Maya Angelou)

#189270 - 09/02/09 07:11 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
What a wonderful tribute to your brother! He must have been loved by everyone.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#189272 - 09/02/09 07:50 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: yonuh]
Mountain Ash Offline

I understand Eagle and realise how many areas one life touches.Workplace collegues are important and this story warms my heart
How are you these days ?

#189286 - 09/02/09 11:47 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks MA...her comment deeply affected me. I've been leaking all over the place.

How am I? Seeing more light than dark, feeling more positive than negative, and further along the road to creative and peaceful coexistence with the new realities. JJ's story about her Mom has been a major inspiration for me...early mornings are the worst time for me, but as soon as I begin to feel the sadness and despair, I leap out of bed, open the window and breathe in the new morning. I'm not quite at the point of shouting "good morning world" out loud (have to adhere to the bylaws here, you know), but I do stretch out my arms and greet God with gratitude for another beautiful day. That's a long way from where I was a year ago.

(Maya Angelou)

#189291 - 09/03/09 02:09 AM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Thank you, Yonuh. He was deeply loved and still missed. We've also been discovering that many people have been having some very funny "Gary-moments". One of the qualities people loved most about him was his humour and ability to make people howl with delight and laughter. He appears to still enjoy doing so.

(Maya Angelou)

#189311 - 09/03/09 07:07 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
First, I can't believe it's been two years. It seems like yesterday when I sat in this same seat, posting with you about your brother.

How cool is that? I love how they salute him when they walk by. Must make your heart happy to know how much he was loved.

#189397 - 09/05/09 12:04 AM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I can't help but smile thinking of your precious brother everytime I make sugar free kool aid for myself, which is daily. I couldn't wait to get new jokes to share with him each day. At night his name passed my lips as I'd pray. We wonder sometimes why the good Lord takes the brightest and best of us too early to be with him but really being with God is a reward, not a loss of some sort. Those people at Gary's work have made a shrine of his office to remember him by, and that shouts to the rooftops what a generous loving man he was. We should all be so fortunate to have other humans think so highly of us while here and gone. You must be so proud Eagle as you were his best friend besides being his family.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#189402 - 09/05/09 02:10 AM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Thank you Chatty. There's hardly a day that goes by that I don't wonder the "why" of it. Somewhere along the way I gave up trying to figure it all out and decided to trust that Someone somewhere has it all in hand. It's either that or succumb to bitterness. I just have to believe that there's more going on than we can see, a bigger picture, and someday we'll know the why of it all and it will make sense.

Your kindness will always be a candle in my heart, bringing warmth and comfort everytime I think of your kindness to us during that time.

(Maya Angelou)

#189467 - 09/06/09 11:05 PM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Eagle,
What an awesome tribute to your brother, Eagle. Wow! 2 years
and they haven't let anyone else have his office! Again, I say,
awesome!

How wonderful the memories of your brother must be. Someday we'll all know the why of it, I guess. I have said, "Why, God,
why?" Much and often, these last four years. But like you I don't want to be bitter. So I choose to believe, He's all knowing. And someday we'll have the answers. Blessings and prayers,

Edited by jabber (07/30/10 03:18 PM)

#189483 - 09/07/09 11:46 AM Re: A Heartwarming Story about my Brother [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

Eagle
I read a book this week a novel from my library by Douglas Kennedy.In it he writes as a Mother whose little girl is run over...her subsequent grief..it is so well written I wept.
the woman is mad with grief...flees..attemps suicide and the story of her recovery is suberbly woven by Kennedy.
I thought about you when it said that the loss had to be "accomodated" and that is subject for a thesis.

Its a hard thing that happened loosing Gary.You shared and we cared.Thank you for sharing and I remain on your shoulder whispering that you find peace..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved