The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#13860 - 07/05/04 04:13 PM birth control pill?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Are you aware of any health risks involved by taking the birth control pill during peri-menopause?

I've been on it for a few months now and it's working miracles. Too good to be true. [Wink]

#13862 - 07/13/04 12:04 AM Re: birth control pill?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

speaker, DJ has spoken of Dr. Lee inthe forums before. She's another fan of his. She has also done the progesterone cream. Maybe she'll chime in.

I am on a very low dose. I exercise lots and since the boomer diet, I'm eating better too.

I'm not one to take pills. Have never taken anything before, not even the pill, but my sister was having success with this so I thought I'd try it. SO far, so good.

I still have days when I wish I hadn't started it because I don't like taking any medication.

DO you know anything that works as well for perimenopausal women?

#13864 - 08/12/04 07:14 AM Re: birth control pill?
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
I have been using the progesterone cream religiously since I saw a post that said it helped with someone's bleeding. It stopped the bleeding which had been lasting for days on end, stopping only to start up again within a few days. An added perk is that I have been able to discontinue the diuretic my doctor had prescribed for high blood pressure. I am no longer retaining excess water. Halleluiah! Yay, God! My blood pressure is normal, but I can't say I can attribute that to progesterone cream. It was actually lower before I started the cream. But, thank you, (sorry I can't remember who did the post) for mentioning progesterone cream. I have also been taking evening primrose oil daily. I'm feeling pretty chipper. [Big Grin]

#13865 - 08/13/04 07:39 AM Re: birth control pill?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

lala, I think it was DJ who posted about the cream. Glad it's helping you. Friend Heal Friends.

#13866 - 04/07/05 11:43 PM Re: birth control pill?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dotsie,
Don't know about peri-menopause...but I took birth control pills, years ago. They caused my blood vessels to break: which, naturally, concerned me a great deal. Thus, I stopped taking them. And the problem went away!!!

#13867 - 04/08/05 08:50 PM Re: birth control pill?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hmm, maybe that's why my face is beginning to look like a road map.

I have an appt. next week. I'll mention this to my doctor.

#13868 - 04/09/05 06:32 PM Re: birth control pill?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
The website is "http:///www.johnleemd.com

The books have more info like speakermom said.

I HATE that the medical field "poo poos" the natural progestorone cream - it saved my uterus, my marriage, and my sanity. And my symptoms were BAD! hmmppfffff.

Danita

p.s. birth control made me insane!

#13869 - 04/12/05 02:18 AM Re: birth control pill?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I am on a very high dose of birth control pills and still no relief. I have not noticed any weird side effects except my legs cramp some at night.

My mood is better but my bleeding is getting worse. This is my last month on the pill prior to my hysterectomy. Then I have the whole HRT dilema to go through. I won't have a uterus so progesterone cream is not an answer.

I am researching to be as infomred as I can.

Lynn

#13870 - 04/12/05 07:56 AM Re: birth control pill?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Women who don't have a uterus are using the progesterone cream WITH added plant estrogens. Check it out!

johnleemd.com

Danita

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved