The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#205930 - 07/20/10 07:52 PM Joining church
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I was raised Presbyterian...having moved around most of my life finding a church I like has been difficult...I've gone to so many different denominations and find something warm and loving in them all. Lately I've been looking for a church...not too big, not too small...and I've been led to a Methodist Church and when I walked in through the doors I got this 'home' feeling. I've attended a couple of service and met with the pastor and have fallen in love with this place. It reminds me of the church I attended with Mamaw when I was a little girl...down to where I sit...3rd row from the front, right side...it was like she was there with me. To make a long story short I did my first volunteer job today and met some really wonderful people...and it feels like I've been there my whole life. I can't get over it. I'm officially joining this church Sunday and can't wait. I spoke with a woman today about a woman's group that helps feed the homeless, helps abused women and their children and there's even a Red Hat society...too funny.

#205932 - 07/20/10 08:05 PM Re: Joining church [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dee, sounds wonderful. It doesn't surprise me that they are welcoming you with open arms. Hope you will still have time for your online friends...but enjoy enjoy and feel at home there.

I haven't found a church like that. When I sang in the gospel group we were like family. It was a wonderful warm and happy friend time. But then we moved, and the group split up. I would love to sing again in a choir. but at this pöoint my voice can just barely carry the tune " If you're happy, and you know it."

#205933 - 07/20/10 08:15 PM Re: Joining church [Re: Edelweiss2]
Mountain Ash Offline

Dee ..sounds like a haven and how great for the group there that they are getting to know you..

#205943 - 07/20/10 10:17 PM Re: Joining church [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Edelweiss...I didn't know you sang in a gospel group! Wow...do you have anything you can share? I'd love to hear you.
MA...I'm the lucky one...I think it will be a great haven from things that are heavy in life.

#205952 - 07/21/10 12:04 AM Re: Joining church [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, it's so neat to hear your excitement about joining a church. Sounds like the perfect fit. I love learning about other churches. What's their Web site?

Ours is www.towsonpres.org.

#205953 - 07/21/10 12:06 AM Re: Joining church [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh, two things:

the door to house looks directly into the church door

the site isn't so great, but it's in the process of being updated for the fall

#205959 - 07/21/10 12:59 AM Re: Joining church [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dee, they will love you as much as we do, that I'd bet money on. I am so happy you found a church that you like and vice versa.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#205961 - 07/21/10 01:27 AM Re: Joining church [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I know how good it feels to finally find a "fit" for a church home. It took me 23 churches to only go back to the very first one I attended. Here is our website:

http://www.harvestchristiancenter.org/

May I make a suggestion. Wait a bit longer to officially join. You just never know. Remembering that churches are still made up of "people"......just give it some time. It took me a couple of years to be "official". Just wanted to tread softly.

#206010 - 07/22/10 03:28 PM Re: Joining church [Re: Di]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
Unfortunately, because of what happened to me in my church of 31 years, voted out of membership, with my name up on a big screen, followed by the words, "Conduct Unbecoming a Child of God." Very long story....i cannot bear to go to church or hear anything religious.

Spiritual abuse goes to the very core of who we are. It is a wound I cannot heal.

www.churchabusepoetrytherapy.com

#206027 - 07/23/10 01:16 PM Re: Joining church [Re: Alice]
Dee Offline

First, Alice...I'm so sorry you went through that...good grief...I cannot imagine that happening to anyone in a church. You poor thing...I'd be church-shy, too.
Our web site is: www.saralandumc.org
It's small, yet big enough to be busy. I'm already doing receptionist work one morning a week...that was fun. I met a lot of good folks that way.
Di...thank you for the advice...I'd considered doing that actually but feel this is the right thing to do. It just feels right, right now. I went to one church in Saraland (won't mention the name) and the pastor's secretary was downright rude...she wouldn't talk, she wasn't friendly and I found her to be 'click-ish'...one time I tried to talk to the pastor and she wanted to know why...I told her it was about mine and Larry getting married and she said the pastor would not married divorce people and that was that. Found out later this is not true and we missed him marrying us...really weird. Just one of many reasons I didn't stay with that church.
I looked at all of your web site...they're pretty amazing churches, too. Love the red door on your church, Dotsie!
Hugs Chatty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved