Well, Kathy, you can try As I said before, my son usually has something in mind, which is great. It's easier for me if I can buy him one thing that he really needs/wants. Less time trying to figure out what to get him, less shopping time, carrying big bags around and less wrapping. One year, I bought him a digital camera and just a few other small things, socks, wallet, etc. But, my daughter never really asks for anything that's very expensive. I used to buy her clothes, and girl things and we did each other stockings with lots of little stuff. Last year, we got each other gift certificates to places we like such as Elizabeth Grady for facials, nail places, the mall, favorite restaurants and she got me one for the bookstore that came in handy. This year, we are doing pretty much the same thing. I got her a mall one so that she could go shopping after the baby is born. I'm sure she'll need new clothes. This will be the first year we are not doing the stockings. I'll wrap each gift certificate so she has more to open.
Louisa