Thanks all, he just left me another voice mail. This time he is saying let's just use a mediator and get this over with since that is what I want. He has volunteered to pay for it. Says attorneys aren't good at negotiating, etc.

I checked into a mediator over a year ago and he said they wanted a ridiculous amount of money and he wouldn't help pay it. Funny how now it's suddenly let's do this....

I'll bet when he ordered the bank records for the deposition he found he had no leg to stand on, that's why he canceled the dep, got all nicey, nice and wants to by-pass attorneys again.

I keep telling him I won't sign anything without representation but he just doesn't get the message.

This is so hard. You want to be fair and not mean, but unless I act mean he doesn't take me seriously and tries to push his wishes on me. Even though I knew the nice act wasn't for real, there was still a piece of me that had hopes--not to get back with him, but just that he might try to be genuine and nice to me--it really hurts--all over again to know he would be willing to trick me back into a relationship just to avoid being responsible in divorce.

Then to know if he succeeded, I would be trapped again or worse--it is unbelieveable that anyone can be so cold and calculating. It is scary to think about--even scarier to realize that he pulled this twice before and did succeed--thank God I can now see the pattern.