Hey Pam,

Great questions. No, I am not a vegie only kind of gal. Actually, I did the raw food eating a few years ago. And I must say, I did find it to be very helpful. I have done juicing too. As a matter of fact, I just finished my fresh juiced orange juice a few minutes ago.

Although I have been a meat eater since childhood, I have to say, I do really notice a difference when I cut out a lot of the meats and eat more of a "natural" diet. And it's not a diet in the sense of trying to lose weight as much as it is to feel as good -- great -- as I possibly can.

When I eat a lot of raw foods I eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and fresh nuts.

A good friend of mine wrote a book called The Greatest Diet on Earth in which she outlines step by step how to get into this way of eating and living. She claims she never once had any symptons from menopause. And truth be told, it was during the time she was writing the book I took to her way of eating, dropped about 40 pounds (it came back when I quit eating that way) and felt better than I had since my early 20's. Again, I have to wonder why I gave that up. So, I am back on track as of yesterday so everyone on this forum gets to hear about my progress on this.

What an amazing difference it did make and I am sure it will make again. I use her information as a prime model of what to do.

She used to have a website but I don't think she does anymore. I think her book is available on Amazon.com. Her name is Karen Curinga.

I do read a lot of other information and it all seems to point to the same thing. Drink lots of water (I can feel JJ's grin right now on that one), have a wide selection of fruits and veggies, nuts and eat other foods such as those with Omega 3 oils in them in moderation.

Fish is a good source of protein and doesn’t have the high saturated fat that fatty meat products do. Fatty fish like mackerel, lake trout, herring, sardines, albacore tuna and salmon are high in two kinds of omega-3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). (I stole that last paragraph from a website on Omega 3 oils )

There is definitely more to what you eat, but overall it is the elimination of fast foods, the wrong kinds of fats, processed sugars and things of that nature.

I have to say, the first few days can be a bear due to the detoxing. Headaches and body aches are not unusual. As is bitchiness and irritability. Ooops. I forgot, that's menopauase.

But seriously, a lot of the symptons can be minimized with better eating.

Kathleen

Kathleen