I know, that's why I brought this up. It is such a serious problem, nationwide. I can't just not go to doctors. I have a heart problem and take several meds. I don't mind the co-pays so much, but the insurance is so costly and I can't be without it. Neither can my husband, although he's pretty healthy. But, you never know what tomorrow brings.

In Massachusetts it is now a law that everyone has to have health insurance. That's a good thing, but.........they don't tell you how you are supposed to afford it. Companies have to offer it, but that doesn't mean they have to kick in enough to make it affordable for people. The last time I went to the ER, last spring, I was there over 4 hours and left at midnight, unseen. I gave up and went home. The reason for this is that many people have no insurance and are on Medicaid and they use the ER as their doctor. This defeats the purpose of the ER for people who have an emergency. Those who have insurance and are paying dearly for it have to sit there and wait or not be seen at all. It's a crazy system.

I'm just curious what other people are doing. I don't know Anne. With my luck, I'd probably injure myself chopping the wood and have to go to the ER.

Louisa