Hah! That's funny Hannilore. My mom used to buy me the Mary Janes, black patent leather with the braided strap. I had a long pony tail in a banana curl and I can still remember a blue cotton dress with multi colored bows on it, a white collar and white trim on the sleeves.

I wore that particular combination for our first grade play. My part was to quote the poem, "I shot an arrow into the air, it fell to earth I know not where?"

I stood there in front of all the parents in what seemed like a multitude. My parents were on the first row all smiles Brownie camera in hand.

I had a little bow and arrow but was instructed not to let it go, just to pull it back at the right time. I said, "I shot an arrow into the air, and at that point it flew straight up into the stage ceiling, upon "It came to earth I knew not where," it landed right in my derriere. My look of shock and mortification must have been worth a million. The whole audience roared with laughter and my mom and dad shrunk down in their seats red faced.