Di,
I'm no expert on things like this, and I don't play one on TV, but I would think honesty would be the best policy. If I gained an interview somewhere, I think I would bring it up first thing and say something like, "Oh, I might want to point something out to you because I know how busy you are and I don't want to waste any of your time. The job listing you see first on the resume was a great job, and the experience was invaluable! However, I did have some difficulties with one of the employees under me, the owner's daughter. We just couldn't seem to ever work these differences out, so I chose to leave. I doubt very seriously if they would give me a good reference, given the circumstances and all. But I always believe in being honest and upfront. I just wanted to make sure you knew the facts.

I would show NO emotion when telling this, and I would be factual, and might even add, "so, if you have any questions regarding this particular timeframe of employment, or the job itself, please feel free to ask.

At least that is what I would do. If you were in the right, and I feel like you were, then I would meet this head on in an interview. Get it over with, then if they DO call, and the "other side" gets emotional and says something negative, he/she might just remember how professionally YOU handled it. Besides that, you've been honest, upfront, and open. If you got hired and something came up later you could say, "I told you all about that!"

JJ