Dotsie, I fell for the woman. I've been a victim of domestic violence to include the verbal insults. Yet, I too, don't want to become involved in another's battle (b/c I don't want to relive the past, cause further harm due to my involvement, nor become a victim again). Yet, I've learned how to give women gentle reminders, like loan them a book regarding domestic violence or if a stranger I've even simply written down a number on a slip of paper and give it to her by stating, oh I think you must have dropped this.

My mother and I witnessed a woman being battered at the Home Deport parking lot last spring, we stayed in the vehicle about 200 yards away w/ our lights focused on the couple, luckily, a store manager called the police. I must add that at first, my mother wanted to get out of the vehicle, but I yelled and said "are you crazy!" The man was shoving the young woman into a garden shed, he even lifted her from the ground and broke her high heels, I think she tried to get back into the vehicle. Not certain what happened after the police arrived, though.

Also, individuals can make silent police reports and not identify themselves -- this alleviates retaliation.