I think the same way you do Chatty Lady. I respect myself too much for anything else.

There is a guy I've seen a few times over the past few months and he's pushing for more. The other night, online, he made the comment that "it was easy for me to resist him." I felt he was trying to make me feel guilty for not "fitting him in" last time he was in town (and he wanted to stay at my house).

I pretty much "lowered the boom" on him, in a nice way. I told him that it had nothing to do with "him", but I neither wanted nor desired a boyfriend or a relationship right now. Because I just truthfully don't have the time or energy to devote (I work close to 50 hours a week and maintain a household, on my own). And attitudes such as his (whining because he didn't get to see me) was NOT going to make me change my mind.

That was not "entirely" true, but I am always worried about other people's feelings. Let me add that this person retired way too early, has very little money, is basically homeless, and is a romantic, "looking for love." I don't want to be cruel and point out to him that most women are not going to "fall" for an able bodied man who has no place to live and is basically a gypsy. I understand the "live your dream" mentality, but I also understand being responsible and taking care of yourself.

He ended the "conversation" saying maybe we could get together next week when he's here. No "strings", just some good talk and maybe mutual backrubs. Are all men idiots, or just the ones I come across?

On another note, tonight I went to a country music concert, and David Lee Murphy performed. Now I don't get all excited over entertainers, so don't take this the wrong way. But if I could find a decent, hard working guy who liked the same things this guy claimed to (camping, cooking out with friends, scuba diving, yadda yadda) I "might" be tempted to put a little priority into a relationship. LOL.

Whirlwind