Hi Kate (and everyone) ~ I'm brand new to this site, and your message was the first one I read Kate. I have gone thru at various times in my life what you are feeling. Just wanted to say that you sound wonderfuly sane and caring, and yes, when the time comes to let your children go, and it will come all too soon ~ you will pass by their rooms and sigh for all the good times and memories. Treasure your time with them ~ it changes so much when they are out in the world on their own as independent adults....

There is a book by Elizabeth Berg called Pull of the Moon, that I think you will enjoy, tho the woman is older and had no children at home when she took off to find herself. Many times in my life when I was juggling a stressful career and children at home and a shaky marriage, I simply dreamed of getting in my car and driving away to a small town somewhere and getting a waitress job in a truck stop ~ just disappearing ~ sluffing off the huge responsibilities I was shouldering and living quietly. So it was kind of the opposite of what you want ~ but I understand the feelings. Hang in there Kate....you'll know when the time to change is really right ~ it will all come together and feel right at all levels.