On the very evening of the day I had the experience of finding a new heart as I wrote about to Sugaree, I went to a single women's thing at my church.
I was full of the joy of my new heart and when they went around the room and asked for prayer requests and praise reports, no one had praise and everyone wanted prayer mostly for a mate. Well, when it came my turn, all I could think of was how grateful I was for my wonderful grandson and my new joy filled heart. Well, they insisted and probed and actually became irritated that I wasn't whining about not having a mate. They finally concluded that I was in denial.
I was so furious I had to pray for patience to keep from whacking one of them. (I didn't mean to sound like I really said that. I just thought it. But I thought it very loud!)

I'm sorry, but sometimes people just want to rain on everybody's parade and there is nothing that gets me grouchier than rain on my parade. (Hey, it's hard enough to get a parade going. Who needs rain?)
If you can ignore the "rain clouds of the earth," you're a better worman than I am.
Onward.
smile

[ July 02, 2004, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]