Dr. Laura, there was a time when I listened to her while waiting to pick up one of the kids from school. She doesn't mix words !

I've heard about her book and I'm glad to hear from someone who read it. I also think it's good to hear from someone who read it that wasn't necessarily a fan.

I think many times these books that promote marriages are good. Taking in a couple hundred pages of insightful information can certainly have an impact on us. It can change our outlooks and sometimes that's the kick in the pants we may need.

So many times in society when it comes to marriages we hear only about the bickering, separtions, negativity, ignoring a spouse for days, etc. Reading books that lift us up and share the good points of marriage can only help give us a new perspective. I'm glad she wrote the book. I think we need it in this day and age.

Due to my faith, I try to fill my head by listening to wholesome songs and reading books and magazines that stand for what is right and just. It helps keep me focused. Reading Bible passages daily also helps.

Mrsmuzz, thanks for sharing and I'm praying for you to stay focused onthe good things in your spouse!

Agate, hope you don't have to wait too long for the book. Oh, I certainly understand how you feel about her with regards to yur son. Like Mom always said, "Until you've walked a mile in someone's shoes, you keep your mouth shut".