When were were children, Daddy got two weeks vacation every year. Every year we would pile into the truck camper and see the USA. One year it was N/S Dakota, Montana, Wyoming...I remember walking right up to Old Faithful and looking down into the hole, steam rising to and fogging my glasses. Black bears getting into people's trash at night (Dad put ours in the truck), using those brand new JFK 50 cent pieces to take a shower, taking my first helocopter ride with Daddy over Mt Rushmore. Trying to get out of doing dishes by sneaking off with Daddy as he walked the campground talking to people. I've *never* liked housework, seemed so boring! Having family devotions with Mom reading the Bible and Daddy praying in the evenings before bed. Lots of great memories at lots of USA destinations. I've been in all but Washington, Oregon and Alaska and am headed to Alaska in August.

When Dave and I travel we like to stay, eat, play where the locals do. We tend to rent a cottage or small place and blend in. We went to 4-Corners a few years ago and it was only because I spin, weave, knit that I blended as much as I did. Dave is dark but I'm pure Anglo and in some places in this country and the world, Anglo's aren't welcome. When we lived in Hawaii, I learned pidgin English as quickly as possible; that helped people accept me as much as they did.

I love to travel and we just got our passports. Here's hoping for some good times ahead!