I love our church. It's very family-oriented, with lots of children attending every Sunday, and lots of senior citizens as well. It's a very lively and energetic congregation.

The minister (a long-time friend of mine - I actually used to babysit him when he was shorter than me!) is very dynamic, with a wonderful sense of humour and a passionate desire to make sure everyone in the congregation feels at home at church. Even my husband, who alway hated going to church, enjoys his sermons!

The music is also dynamic, and ecelectic, with a main adult choir who sings everything from traditional hymns to African folk songs to Amy Grant stuff and everything in between. We also have a youth choir and cherub choir (4-7 year olds) who often sing the children's song just before the children leave the sanctuary to go to Sunday School. Then we also have a band (called The Stain-Glass Band) who play at special services, pageants and concerts.

The main quality of the music at this church is that it so beautifully ministers God's word to the congregation, picking up the themes in the Scriptures and the minister's sermons. So we always leave feeling well-nourrished and often with a bounce in our step (because the last hymn is usually a joyful one).

We drive 30-minutes to go to this church, but it's well worth the effort and time! We've tried going to churches close-by, but can't stay knowing what (and who) we're missing at our church.

<small>[ May 29, 2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]</small>