get rid of the family...just joshn'...It sounds like you have covered all the basis. One thing you might try (if you haven't already) is shopping for some items at the Dollar Stores/Fred's type places. Course even there you have to watch because sometimes they will actually be higher than say...Wal-Mart.

You also might want to try making your own items like "salad dressings," "jellies", and even your own candles. Sometimes buying in bulk helps as long as it isn't something that will end up being wasted. One more thing then I'll hush. I read a while back about a group of women who got together once a month (I think?) and they baked in bulk. Then...they cut everything up into portions and trade with each other. Complete meals were planned out and by sharing...they saved money AND time! If you had friends who wanted to try something like this, I think it would be fun and worth someone's invested time, don't you think? Just a thought...all this is coming from a person who would rather be run over by a milk truck than cook...hehehehe