Hi ya'll
I'm still limping along with the computer from hell. The fixit folks keep telling me it's fixed. Maybe this time.

Anyway, JJ IS the QUEEN of BWS and of HUMOR, but I wanted to chime in on her comments about the horror genre. Horror scares me too. Publishers alone are horrible enough for me.

But, back to the Humor in Horror (Hey, there's a title for ya, jj) One of my professors advised us to write from our heart and to address the heart of our reader. Sounded good, but how? If writing gets too sappy it turns the reader off.
Then a pastor who produced some of my work told me the way to open a person's heart for a message from the pulpit is to either lead them to sing or make them laugh then communicate the message. In my plays and musicals I try to tickle them, make them sing, break their hearts, then send them home with a smile. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but...
Maybe that would work with horror too. Seems like horror often addresses the passions, but not necessarily the heart. Maybe a little humor might be a novel approach.
Hey, you gotta' do what you gotta' do. Right JJ?
smile