I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with Oprah. I've been a viewer off and on over the years and think she continues to grow as a human being herself as well as what she hopes to achieve in her lifetime.

I've not seen the show or shows where she treated a victim badly. Of course, we all perceive things differently, too.

I think the exposure and ultimate good that could be done through Oprah's venue would far outweigh my misgivings (my opinion only).

She said something life-changing (to me), which someone else may have been insulted by.

It was something like - today is a new day, no matter what happened to you before or how your life was horrible - you are ultimately responsible for the decisions you make. I related it to my own miserable past and felt empowered to "choose" whether to remain a victim or to move on. This statement stayed with me, and I'm trying to recall what show/when this was - it's been some time. I vaguely recall someone who had been on welfare, child of alcoholic, etc., but once you are removed from the situation you can choose NOT to let the past dictacte your present path.

This came in handy when I was working at a Junior High school, dealing with kids in trouble all the time. Getting the message across that they could choose how they responded to any situation, and could in fact control only themselves. They do not have the power to control others, but do have the power to make a different choice than once that has been modeled for them.

I think I'm rambling on and on and getting off topic. Just wanted to say I hope there comes a time when your book and advice can reach as many as people as possible.

I would be interested in Oprah's response if asked why she treated someone badly.