JJ, your stuff doesn't need critique. It just needs a bigger audience as in """Best Seller""".

The Purple Page is tough. We have people who are such experts in various styles of writing and they lend their expertise to all of us. Everyone in the group has been published several times.

We have a wonderful poet who has no concept of story structure which was my strong point in graduate school so I help her out with that and she helps me with imagery and song lyrics.

We have a wonderful short story writer who can't seem to stretch a story out for a novel. She gets help from another guy who has written several novels, but can't write short stories. She helps him there.

One of the writers is the master of brevity while almost all of us are too wordy so she helps us cut and we help her string things out.

The ages range from pre-boomer to almost eighty. One of our most successful members died in August. He was 91 and published his first article while in the group when he was 88. I had a huge party for him to celebrate and we all watched him absolutely dance up the walk to my house. I don't think his feet were touching the ground. He moved like a teenager. He published several more articles after that and one was published just a few weeks before his death.

It's kind of like a family. Now I'm forming an online sisterhood. Gee, my family is growing.

smile