Thanks for being so accommodating, Dotsie. [Smile]

Whether the word is home schooling or homeschooling depends on which end of the political spectrum you reside in. Strange, isn't it?

There is a certain legal organization that is invested in maintaining legal definitions that require a "school" be created as an entity in the home. They want to have all the perks of claiming their home is a "school", without all that silly separation of church and state stuff. So they culivate that delta between home and school as if it were holy ground.

Folks at the other end...not so much. [Smile]

It's irrelevant in the natural world how the term is spelled. That group could have a point in the legal world, but I don't live there. I do see the "homeschool" more and more in the media, where in years past it was home school.

There are plenty of places to talk about unschooling and homeschooling, so I won't belabor anything here. For those who would like to know what unschooling is, here's a link to a page with all kinds of definitions.

http://www.unschooling.info/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7

It's one of those things that is kind of hard to pin down, exactly, and is more easily defined by what it isn't. I'm happy to answer questions, as long as I'm not attacked.

So, thanks again for starting the topic.

NMY