quote:
Originally posted by Vicki M. Taylor:
It was such an eye-opening experience for me. It made me realize what was most important in my life and working myself to death at a job wasn't at the top of my list anymore.

I believe we have a better life now, than when I was working. Stress can be a major cause of so many illnesses. Eliminate the stress, and you might eliminate some of those symptoms. In my opinion.

That's been my journey the past few years as well. My breakdown also opened my eyes to see that "working myself to death at a job" was no longer an option.

I keep grasping at possible physiological reasons for my fatigue...I've researched various avenues, including hypothroidism, fluoride overload, and now a possible mono connection...all in the hope of finding something that is medically treatable and curable. I keep hitting brick walls in that regard.

But along the way, I'm learning a lot about how to manage my fatigue...diet, pulling back, minimizing stress. What I'm missing half the time is that those things ARE WORKING. My fatigue is much more manageable than ever now. Still not where it used to be, but I might have to accept the reality that it may never get there. So I have to "get over it" and live within my reality until it's no longer my reality.

The other thing that I keep getting glimpses of every now and then is the realization that I AM enjoying my life at this slower pace now. Why would I ever want to go back to that hectic rat-race pace again! It almost killed me, and will destroy me again. So I'm going to take those glimmers of joy and build on that epiphany that I'm actually enjoying life now...and if that's one of the unexpected benefits of my fatigue, maybe I don't need a reason or a cure!