Tahnk you for your replies I am so sorry about your loss lionpaw I know there is alot of reading material out espcially on the last wars, my son was in both and return fromt he Navy in March,

Vietnam has had so much impact that I think that they are really gearing up knowlegdge and benefits to those who are serving now.

I would like to keep hearing from people who knew someone in Vietnam and expereinced PTSD . Dale is 6 years older than me so I really wasn't exposed to it too much as they had stopped sending people . I have to be careful as if he talks too much about it I "lose" him for a while . He can qualify for benefits but he is afraid of the stigma attached. I really pretty much know what to do since I have delt so much with PTSD in my practice but this is different as your partner gets resistive to therapy and sometimes you just don't feel right about it . I have seen much damage casued by thraepy also and I am scared to let him go to someone who doesn't know how to prevent "flooding" I say things like. If you were my client , this is what I would do"

I know he is better because he lives with a therapist daily and we work together. It makes it even harder since I have had some serious incidents of my own. but talking with others helps it really does