This issue of friends coming and going has been the most difficult and painful thing I've been dealing with over the past couple of years. Every time I go through a bout of depression, I lose *friends*. This last time, I didn't have that many to lose, having recently moved from another province. The friends I had made here didn't know my history/pattern, and couldn't wait through my depression. By the time I made it out of my depression, they were all gone. And I haven't been able to make any new ones.

Very, very painful, having been so well-nourrished within a wonderful circle of friends through 17 years in my previous locale. Some of those friends are and will always be part of my life, but it's not easy to meet for coffee or go shopping.

This absence of friends - and inability to establish new ones - has caused more emotional devastation than I can describe here...well, I could describe it here, but won't. Suffice to say that it's a constant source of pain and grief these days...at least it was until I discovered Boomer Women Speak!

[ March 31, 2005, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]