Truth be told ladies, my granddaughter the one who was attacked and her mother do not get along. Her mom, my ex DIL, lived togeher after the split up until Sept. after the granddaughter was done using her mother as a free babysittrer and moved out leaving her mother to pay all the3 condo expence herself. It was a very mean thing to do and she laughed about leaving her mom hanging. So they weren't speaking. I talk to my DIL on the phone and we are pretty close, heck she and my son were together 26 years. I like her alot. So the rest of the story, no one in the family approves of my granddaughters occupation and I told her when the bad karma you are creating comes at you it will come at you hard... I hate to say I told you so, but on her way home late one night she stopped at one of those little all night stores in the middle of nowhere and upon leaving was attacked, raped savagely, cut and nearly beaten to death. She remains in a coma as I write this. It was of course unexpected and her baby was at home with a sitter (thank God.)so the police called her mother from stuff they found in her wallet. My DIL called me frantic because she had just started her new job and was afraid to ask for time off. So I had to drop everything, fly there and first go to the hospital then to get the baby who the babysitter took home to her mother. The inlaws were called and refused to help, so I flew back and forth with baby and my dog, then picked up my own car so I could get around better. I was already feeling tired and kind of sick and all the hulabaloo set off the worst cold I've ever had and then ruined my own plans I'd had for weeks. My DIL now has the baby, her graqnddaughter... and has beggged a leave of absence from her new job. No one k nows what comes next, it depends on how fast her daughter heals and what damage has been doneI am staying inside my house and have turned the ringer off on my phones. I need rest and quiet.

So Ann I do truly understand how friends can sometimes make you nuts and family too. My greatgranddaughter will be 1 on Oct. 23rd. and I haven't seen her since she was 4 months old yet no one thinks twice to ask me to take over her care for God knows how long. She is adorable but a very cranky, crying child. Most probably because of her mothers spoiled rotten disposition.

I spend alot of time alone, I go out and eat alone, to movies alone and just roaming around usually alone and guess what? I like it better alone. Yet the harshness of the outside world manages to creep in and kick my behind!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/