Chatty, hubby and I have been talking for a couple of years about going to Las Vegas. Neither of us have been there and we have enough air miles saved up to fly there for free. If we go, we'll stay at a hotel, but might well take you up on your offer for a Chatty-cooked meal! It won't be for another year or two, though.

Chick, check into that B12 thing. I have problems absorbing B12 and once in awhile it gets "dangerously low"...I can tell when it's low, because my body feels like a deflated balloon and the fatigue literally renders me immobile for days at a time.

I take B12 supplements, but can't absorb those well enough either, so have to get it in my diet...I eat an egg every day, and have to eat red meat regularly to keep the B12 levels reasonably stable. If we go even two weeks without red meat, the B12 falls. Which might explain why becoming a vegetarian in my 30's almost killed me. Nobody at the time connected it to an inability to absorb the B12 in the vitamin supplements I was taking, the doctors just told me that I had to eat meat.

Unfortunately, the low B12 doesn't explain the chronic fatigue, which could have dozens of other reasons...including menopausal hormonal imbalance and SAD (Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder, which hits people right about now).

[ October 20, 2005, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]