The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#203525 - 05/15/10 03:16 AM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: ]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
How are you today Karen? Would you like to tell us something about your mother? Is there any particular memory that stands out in your mind?

#203545 - 05/15/10 08:46 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: Edelweiss2]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Karen, So very sad loosing your parent. It's the hardest thing. I always tell people that it's like your world has been tilted on it's axis and will never be straight again. But after loosing my dad 12 years ago and my mom 10 years ago, I can tell you that after taking time to grieve, the warm, loving memories will shine through and you'll feel much better. You'll always miss them daily but your heart will heal and your thoughts will once again remember her and the beautiful person she was.

I agree with the other ladies, take time to cry, crieve, be close with your loved ones and remember her for the wonderful lady she was. Blessings and hugh and prayers are offered for you.
www.tidedancer.com

#203568 - 05/16/10 06:47 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: Sandpiper]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Karen, my heart aches for/with you too. I hope you are finding your way through these sad and empty days. And I hope you come back here to cry on our shoulders and to find courage and strength to keep going when it feels like you just want to crawl back into bed and stay there forever. So many of us understand the agony of absence and are here to lean on. Sending prayers.

(Maya Angelou)

#203577 - 05/16/10 07:45 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I'm so sorry. Please accept my condolences. Mothers always
live the heart. I wish I'd been closer to my adoptive mom,too.
I miss her like crazy. Prayers and blessings!

#203616 - 05/17/10 04:59 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: jabber]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I am so sorry, Jabber.. thinking of you. I lost my mom in January this year..

So many hugs, dear girl!

#203727 - 05/21/10 02:23 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: KarenBagoroses]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Karen,

Thanks for coming here in your time of need. We are here for you! I just stopped by this section because I just got off the phone with my Mom and she is going through a very difficult time. She needs a hip replacement and her husband has told her that he doesn't have the ability to care for her during her recovery.

So I was feeling sad and wondering how I can help from such a distance... And now I read your story and my heart goes out to you.

Everyone who wrote before me is correct - take time to grieve, take time to heal; remember the good times you had together; write your mother's story so your children will know of her.

And stop back here often, because there is nothing like women helping women in a time of need. We're here for you!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#203859 - 05/24/10 08:36 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: ]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
((((( Karen )))))

I too am soooo sorry for your loss.

Everyone goes through mourning in their own way and I hope what I'm about to say wont be out of line or upset you .... or upset anyone here ... as my only hope is to help you find some sort of peace at the saddest time of your life.

I know your mourning .... but I'd like to ask you to do yourself a favor and try ... just try ... to let go of your sorrow for just one moment ... look around you ... you must let the sorrow go for just one moment .... and truly look for your mom. She will find you in the tiniest little way ... but you have to truly look for her ... feeeeeel for her .... give her a chance to re-connect with you. In my case it took my son 5 days to find me ... in the form of a butterfly ... others here had totally different experiences. I believe that if you can lower that "wall of pain" for just a moment she will find you and she will guide you through this.

Again I apologize if I have spoken out of turn. I would never try to minimize your pain.

We are all here for you.

Carolyn

#204048 - 05/29/10 08:40 AM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: lionspaaw]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hi, Karen. I don't believe I know you, but I'm sorry for your loss. I only know how I felt when my Mom passed, and then my Dad. I still grieve. Take your time and do it your way. We all do it differently.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#204726 - 06/16/10 04:15 AM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Karen how are you handling things, are you getting support from friends and family? Are ytou feeling better?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#204917 - 06/21/10 01:50 PM Re: I buried my mother on Saturday [Re: chatty lady]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Karen:
I am very sorry for your loss. Nothing can ever replace the place of a parent's love in our life. And there will always be that sense that things are not the same. Because they are not the same.

But I pray that you find comfort in the arms of God for this time of sorrow. Rejoice in the warm and happy memories. Find something to be thankful for each day and be kind to yourself.

More than anything, remember you are not alone. Thanks for sharing your loss with us. Thou we are far, here we are a family, just a click away. We are friends, sisters... we share but most of all: WE CARE.

I will keep you and your family in our prayers.
NABBW & NAWW

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved