Hi

I'm a registered nurse somewhere around or past menoopause. Hysterectomy at age 30 with ovaries left intact and no hormone therapy. Seems like some hormone crisis is always going on. I've been flashing hot and cold since puberty and most of the time I'm irritable so who knows?

I hear more about menopause lately, but I'm not sure anyone really knows more. Most of what I hear has an economic slant and pharmaceutical company inspiration. Usually the underlying message is, "Wonderful new pill, (on which drug co. can make zillions), replaces cheaper generic on which the patent, (and profit) has expired" and the new "experts" simply restate a lot of stuff about which we've never written a book, but all know.

Now they've given us the lovely "perimenopause" word to define our existence. "Peri" meaning "around" could mean a whole lifetime spent circling around menopause either before, during, or after. (great for the sale of hormone pills, but definitely not something we want to use to define ourselves).

smil

P.S. Where can I see the meonpause musical? Sounds fun. I have a musical called "Hormones, Hormones, Hormones" filmed by NBC about the various hormonal insanities of women.

Somebody turn on the Air Conditioner!!