I have been thinking about how Alice says that we should eliminate the word "domestic" and go with "violence." I did not know until I was in my forties that there was such a thing as "religious" abuse, and until Alice and her site and her poetry, I did not know about "church" abuse. Yes, I knew about cults and horrible abusive behavior but I had never put the two words together "church abuse." Until Alice, and I'm in my fifties. So that's why I think it is ok to put "domestic" in front of "violence" because we are distinguishing home violence from say "gang violence" or "street violence" or "dating violence" or "pet abuse" or "child abuse." It's like I never knew all my home-making skills, which are plentiful, could coin the phrase "domestic goddess" I don't know how I would have been educated had I not learned the entire phrase "domestic violence" indicating violence in the home. Is this a matter of semantics, or something we really need to address in terminology to make a difference in our society? Alice, are you here? I'd love to read your article, too.