Dad's not great. She says he is selfish and yells at her all the time. Her room was in a dirty cold basement. But for her freedom it would be worth it to her. She prefers to be with me but on her terms. She wants is all her way, teens are very self- centered.

I just feel like I am being a push over. I have been a push over in many relationships. I'm way too nice.

My ex is now trying to get me to reduce the arrears he owes as he is going through so much stress with the gov't threatening to put him in jail for non payment of child support. He wants me to forgive $5,000 of the $10,000 he owes me so the bad gov't will get off his case. I'm actually considering it as at least he will pay me half which may never happen again. He has a job for 4 months and will be able to catch up on arrears if I forgive half of it. I wonder there too if I am being a push over.

Maybe I should ask the credit card companies that I owe if they will forgive half of it. I had to use cards to pay for clothes, shoes, even groceries for the kids as I was short every month due to him not paying me. Still I could put the money towards the debt and at least pay some of it off.

A dilemma for sure.

Kate