Thanks everyone! We had another Seder tonight and I convinced Hubbo that we had enough food without the matzoh ball soup (although I promised him he could make it later in the week.)

We have several versions of the Haggadah (the book telling the story of the Exodus from Egypt) and read a different one each night. Last night I chose the one with the gorgeous artwork. Tonight Hubbo chose the traditional one with all the didst's and saith's.

Lola, I'm surprised you heard of Birkat Hachammah (spelling optional -- it means Blessing of the Sun) as that's as obscure as observances get. For those of you who never heard of it (which is probably everyone here except me and Lola) -- every 28 years, the sun is supposed to be the exact same place in the sky as it was on the day of creation. Here's an article:
http://www.ritualwell.org/holidays/sitefolder.2008-09-16.5411107743/

Many cultures have a spring holiday celebrating renewal. What I like most about Passover is the theme of -- remember your oppression, and use that knowledge to help others who are oppressed today. It's a religious call to social action.

Poet and essayist