It just never ends but I guess it's healing. The doc says it'll take about 6 months for xrays to indicate it's healed. I no longer have the wear the "boot" and now have a "stirrup" and can go back to exercising.I can wear this little splint with shoes, but the only shoes the bit over it are winter shoe-boots and summer Crocks. Also athletic shoes.

I learned that if you're ever in a wheelchair in the airport, you should tip $5, fyi. on the return trip I decided to walk, having been cooped up all those hours.

Of course, the boot made the metal detector go off -- because it's got lots of metal in it. But did airport security ask me to remove it, or wonder if I was hiding something inside that thing? No way. But they checked my armpits to see if I was packing. Sheesh. I was wheeled over the the handicapped area and became fast friends with a guy who was seriously disabled. We sat together and talked the entire time on a 3 1/2 hour trip. Same thing on the way back. On both legs of the flight (and I mean no pun here) I had to sit with my leg straight up in the air because it ached so much on the plane.