We had our three year old granddaughter with us for four days. Tomorrow she goes back to her parents.

We also partially moved my mother to the senior home this weekend, while sweet “A” entertained the whole residential wing. She rolled her little red ball along the wide halls, smiled at each and every resident that crossed her way, and got the whole staff pampering and playing with her.

The weekend was full of contrasts; observing the joy of living diminishing in my mother’s eyes, and literally feeling the exuberance and fascination of life through my grandchild’s eyes.

The process of living; - the way it enters and leaves makes so much sense. That last stage, where we become weary, apathetically waiting for death to happen, comes on silently padded feet. It’s all a game, and we are the figures on life’s board.

Every day where we are healthy and still feel the excitement of life’s challenges is a gift. I’ve never been quite so aware of that as in the past weekend. I felt like a spectator between two stages.

Sorry, I just feel a bit melancholy. Thank you for your kind words Dancer. And you are right,..I would love to just get away for a while and tank up.