I think what you are talking about is called vein ablation, but I have never heard of a gynocoligists who does them. I went to an information session since I have really bad veinous insufficiency and severe venous reflux (when the bloddflows backwards because the valves are so weak)

I can't have the surgery yet, the doctor said that it is best to wait until you're done with having kids because the added pressure on your legs will surely bring back vericous veins and you would have paid $3,000 a leg for what. But it is definitely the way I would go if I could. Basically, it's an outaptient procedure with local anesthesia the put a small incision in your leg and out in a thin catheter with a laser on it. The heat the vein with the laser and it seals it. The use ultrasound to guide the catheter through the veins. You go home and your fine, full results are there within a week after surgery and you can go bakc to normal activity in days.

They've had great successes with it, sometimes it's called EVT (don't remember what it stands for.) Out of the all the options I've heard of (stripping, bypasss, the injections) This by far sounds the best. It's expensive, but he doctors I spoke with siad thta many insurances will cover it, although it may take jumping through some hoops.