I've been on the physical fitness path since my mid-twenties, starting with a basic exercise class, then going on to a gym, yoga classes, adult ballet, etc. I was pretty good at the ballet, as my build was correct - the teachers informed me if they had gotten ahold of me when I was 7 or so, they could have made a fine dancer out of me! But I was really glad to have had the opportunity to do adult ballet classes for nearly 4 years. The postural training stays with you too - to this day people pick up on my previous dance training. Movement is wondeful! The regimen I've stuck with the longest is basic bodybuilding exercise(currently with dumbbells and a bench at home, since I live in a rural area)distance-walking(5-6 miles at a time, 5x per week)and a bit of Ashtanga yoga(standing series)if I can squeeze it in. We are very likely going to move out of our rural area, and I will make a bee-line to join a gym! Any kind of running never agreed with me, even when I was younger - I tried, but it just felt like I was pounding my hips and knees to death - nothing about it felt right! I'm one of these people who MUST exercise, otherwise my natural nervous energy goes in the wrong direction, like being cranky and depressed, not to mention sluggish!
Currently I'm looking into some basic Pilates techniques to fine-tune my abdominal work.
I keep having this vision of myself as this healthy, wiry 80-year-old lady(21 years away, though!). What you envision for yourself with full intent, often manifests!