gims, funny you should ask. I'm doing Max Lucado's book Experiencing the Heart of Jesus. When I went to the kitchen table yesterday, I opened to the chapter Freedom from Fear. It was a welcomed study. I will finish it this morning. Some of the verses mentioned were:

I will fear no evil.

So don't worry, because I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and help you; I will support you with my right hand that saves you. Isaiah 4:10

Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks.

gims, I was reminded about how fearful Jesus was in the Garden of Gethesmene. If you read it closely, you'll see that he was sweating and full of anguish. We're human so we become afraid as Jesus did, but fortunately, we have God's promise that he will walk with us and remain with us always. He also prayed, not my will, but yours.

Our job is to trust: The Lord is my light and the one who saves me. I fear no one. The Lord protects my life; I am afraid of no one. Psalm 27:1

I might add that we should fear nothing, not just no one. This is a tall order and I often find myself way off track in this area of trust. It takes studies and being in the word to bring me back...and then I slip again, and over and over again depending upon the situation. If the situation involves my children, this worry wart can go whole hog, forgetting all about my faith. But then, when I return to prayer in the morning, I'm whipped back into shape - at least temporarily. I'm always working on carrying my studies throughout the day.

Do you have copies of your dad's sermons? I think it would be so comforting to read what your dad had to say about this topic.