I don't dress up on Halloween, but we went to a costume party the other night and it was a hoot. I wanted to be a cowgirl, but hubby said, "You look too cute. Costumes are suppose to be funny."

So I bagged my boots, jeans and cowboy hat and went as Sarah Palin. Ross brought me a pair of Sarah Palin glasses hoem from work, I fixed my hair just like hers, and wore blcak with an American flag lapel pin, and I talked like her most of the night. It was a blast. The best part was that my nephew was Obama. He was hysterical with this big grin wiped across his face all night. We had our photo taken together and if I was Edelweiss, I'd post it. I'll try to do so later.

Ross was a midlife crisis. He wore a hat with a long blonde ponytail, a gold chain, a clingy white shirt, with a tux jacket and the sleeves pushed up so you could see his cuff bracelet and flashy watch. Then he wore jeans and loafers with no socks. He looked so unlike himself that everyone roared when they saw him. He's an extremely conservative dresser and wears no jewelry except a watch.

We have family here for Halloween - pizza and Greek salad - and lots of sweets. When kids come to the door, many of us run to the door and oohh and ahhh. It's so much fun. We call others to the door to see how cute they are, then give them tons of candy. I love it.

The weather is going to be gorgeous for Halloween, at least around here. It's raining now but is going to clear up!