I have two sons as most of you know and it was hard for me when they left for the first twenty minutes. Okay, okay...so it took a little longer. Sue me.

But I will tell you one trick I use all the time and you may be able to do the same. I call and invite them and their spouse/girlfriend to come for a cookout, no special occasion really, just a thank for some little something they may have done for me. When they come, I make sure I have one of their favorite dishes made and make sure I have something "special" for the daughter-in-law or girlfriend as well.

I bask in the "Oh Mom! Brownies just for me? The rest of you back off...Mother made these for ME!" Or "Wow Mother! You made my fav--deviled eggs! But I only see a dozen. What is everybody else gonna do?"

And of course, everybody would tease him/them all day. It has become somewhat of a regular thing now. They know when I call it will be a fun time, special things made they don't usually eat like brownies, deviled eggs, Red Velvet Cake, etc., and then they leave...I have my space again, but I'm practically drunk with love from their visits. We do this as often as our schedules allow.