Welcome to BWS, Savvygrandmother! WOW! You resurrected a thread from a few months back and I am quite surprised that we missed it.

Well, Dots, travelling with the grandchildren of nearly 8, 4 and 2 is always an exercise in logistics. My SIL assigns our respective charges. "He the man" as we say and tease.

I love travelling with my grandchildren. My older grandson is quite keen in geography and reads up on places we head for. His sister is keen on children of her age from other places especially when we travel abroad and has started a collection of national costumes which she wears to Church sometimes. When we travel overseas, I always make arrangements for them to visit a school or attend a parochial Sunday school when possible. The grandbaby could not care less where we go or what we do for so long as he has his munchies and is "dry". When we travel, diaper changing rooms and toilet locations are plotted first.

Travelling with the grandchildren is always a "learn and play" time for them and me. It gives me an insight of their interaction and perception of other people outside their familiar community. They travel with their own Trunkis which they fill with souvenirs and a book of the place they visit.

We were invited by my son and his future wife for a honeymoon tag-along to Latin America after the wedding late this summer. Fun!