My son is deeply disappointed in his wife. The conflict he is facing is the fact that he doesn’t want to have to tell his wife; … quit and come home. He wants it to come from her. And as long as it isn’t coming from her, he seems to withdraw from the situation and is extremely bitter about it. This is not the way he wants his family life to be. On
the other hand, he doesn’t want his wife to ever accuse him of ruining her Olympic dream, so he’s at a stalemate. He is also aware that if they split, then he will lose his daughter, and since he loves his child above everything else, he will stay in the marriage for her sake.

Oh brother. This is exhausting me. You are so right, JJ when you say the only question here is what is good for Anaiya.

And that I don’t know. Is it worse for her to see her mother, and cry for her afterwards…or would it be better if she didn’t see her mother till September? I don’t know. All I know is she seems happier when there aren’t so many good-byes.

Dotsie and Gims, I read your post too late. I had the talk with my DIL, and told her exactly how I feel. You know what the answer was? Anaiya is only two. Can you remember what happened to you when you were 2?
Oh please.

MA, giving up the golden time for Anaiya on my part is not the question. I only want the best for her, which is Anaiya being with her mother. But if the mother isn’t willing, then what?