There was an eposode on The Bill Cosby show when his 16 year old son Theo wanted to live on his own and Cosby said you have to finish school or not get a decent job. Theo said he'd drive a bus or something like that like a 'regular person,' Cosby was a doctor on the show. Then Cosby said and make how much and Theo said $250.00 a week. So Cosby counted out a months worth of Monopoly money making it $1000.00. Theo was thrilled and said this is cool and Cosby said no wait there are expenses living on your own...Lets see taxes from your wages say $200.00 leaves you $800.00 you see the government comes for the 'regular people' first. What about rent $400.00, then theres food and clothes thats $300.00 and Theo said nope, I can eat mostly peanut butter and wear jeans and t-shirts so only need $150.00. You'll need transportation $50.00 and Theo says, yea thats great and I still have $200.00 left, looking very smug until Cosby says, oops wait one minute, do you plan on having a girlfriend? and Theo said, I sure do! Cosby then grabbed the last of the money and said, entertainment, thats that! It was funnier when you saw it but I thought it was a fantastic way to get his point across.... [Eek!]

[ July 11, 2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]