Mariaelena, welcome to the Boomer Women Forums.

It sounds like you are in a typical Mexican family situation -- man is macho, and woman is expected to do everything. Your kids are at an age where their hormones are exploding. I'm not saying they can't or won't understand, but they're at a stage in life where they can think that their issues are the only issues. If you're too tired to do something for them, just tell them, because they're old enough to do many things for themselves. Maybe even try to explain to your daughter about the other end of the hormone change. Compare the two.

If you're not feeling well, your kids have caught on whether they say it or not. However, if your son is into the machismo thing, he might shrug your problems off as "womens stuff."

I'm not sure that your husband will change. You say "he thinks I could just deal with it cause it is part of life but the sex is just not there and he makes me feel bad about it." Tell him it's part of life and HE should deal with it. You should not feel bad. You don't "owe" him sex.

So you need to take care of yourself. No one will die if you take a nap and don't dust the windowsills this week. Also, add soy products to your diet: soy milk, soy burgers, tofu, because they contain phyto-estrogen (a weak plant estrogen) that helps ease your body into the change.

Poet and essayist