Sandpiper....mega congratulations and best wishes to you and your whole family. What a special time for you! I have 7 grandchildren (long distance also...3 in Boston, 4 in Jersey) but with videos, computers, digital cameras and frequent trips, I've enjoyed all the special moments.
My girlfriend from highschool finally became a grandmother last Sept. and I've been able to share that joy with her. A whole new world is opening for you........enjoy each and every special moment!
My 11 year old first granddaughter, after 4 grandsons, is very special to us. Kaela was also a twin...my daughter suffered a miscarriage at 3 months. The dr. in the ER wanted to do a D&C (with no ultrasound done) My daughter refused, called me that night and said she still "felt" pregnant, saw her OB that week, had the ultrasound and she was indeed still pregnant...had lost one twin, but the other was fine. That was Kaela...my very first granddaughter, born the day before my birthday. Had my daughter not listened to her female intuition.....we would never even have KNOWN there was another baby. So your story about your daughter-in-law resonated with me.
Blessings to all of you and I look forward to all the upcoming details.